Monday, February 14, 2011

Singles Weekend Recap...Part 2...:Lady in Red Party!

Friday was my first ever solo-hosted (as the Baltimore Bachelorette) singles party. The Lady in Red party at Angels Rock Bar. All ladies who wore red were invited to get in for free, and any guys could do the same by getting on the guest list. Let me tell you, this was a fun party. I LOVE Angels Rock Bar. Its one of my faves in the city. It has a great rock and roll sex appeal to it. Hot girls dancing on the bars, shirtless hot male bartenders, and I am a sucker for guys with hot tattoos! And it was the perfect place for the Lady in Red party, since their decor is already mostly red. Their whole staff got into the theme, including the girls who were decked out in sexy red corsets and bustiers. I wore a glittery red little number that I got on a dance costume website, because of course I like to stand out. :)
I got there around 9:20 or so and got set up at my VIP table with my bottle of Ketel One. Yummy! The crowd started to flow in and in no time at all it was a full on party. My awesome photog Kristie Blake was in love with the atmosphere so she got some awesome pics of me on the light wall and posing all sexy. (I really need to come out of my shell right?) Phil was playing awesome music all night and the shots were flowing! I recall doing at least one bomb, a GM and a Rumpleminz. Lordy!  I got my chance to get up on the mic and thank everyone for coming and dedicated a fave song of mine for my fellow singles to rock out to: F- You by Cee-Lo. It seemed the perfect choice for Valentines Day weekend! Phil also played the Humpty Dance for me and the girls got me up on the bar to dance. And god love him, even though its not a usual Angels Rock Bar choice, he played Ridin Solo for me, since its the name of my column and I have dubbed it my theme song. The crowd was so much fun, lots of hot singles dancing and introducing themselves.  I even had one guy say "I dont know how you are single in THAT dress" which only made me think "you must have been standing close to the bar while i was up dancing on it." LOL
Angels is also an awesome place because its absolutely impossible to feel inhibited in there. They honestly wont allow it! They keep the vibe in there to where everyone can feel comfortable getting up and dancing or, hell, even making out with a stranger! Who cares? Its a party! I love it!
Had a lot of awesome friends turn out for the event (although there were some faces that were missing, which i blame on the typical Bmore cold effect, people get so lazy in the winter). 
I know I danced my ass off that night and I met some awesome single chicks that I hope will come out to future parties because they definitely had the energy that I love at those events. Yet again, no love connection for me that night, but I would have  just liked to make out with someone. But since I didn't eat all day (DUMB!) I opted to go to the 24 hour Subway after the bar and make out with a turkey sub instead. As my friend Will put it, "you were in LOVE with your sub Gina." What can I say? Food never lets you down! And it never has smokers breath. :)
So thanks again to all who came out. And those who missed it just remember, a party ain't a party til I walk in! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment