Thursday, February 10, 2011

Start of the Singles weekend....Valentine's is Valen-MINE!

 So tonight starts what could be one of the busiest weekends so far in the Baltimore Bachelorette's career as a sassy professional single..whatever the heck that means. LOL. I decided months ago when I wrote my February column that I was going to encourage the single folk of Bmore and beyond to not let Valentine's Day be the dreaded day/weekend that it has typically been for them for years prior. This year we are celebrating being single! We are taking over the city in fact!
Just look at this lineup! Tonight it all starts with the annual Baltimore magazine Top Singles party. This year its a Happy Hour event at Talara, from 6-9. $10 cash ticket at the door, but there are tons of great giveaways you will be eligible for (you, not me. I am never eligible for anything in this town! Although one time I did win a prize at my dad's museum before i worked there. It was a CLUE event and I figured out who the murderer was, and knowing that even though i had NO prior knowledge of anything or secret inside info, that they would never give it to me if they knew it was me, I put down that my last name was Beckham. Yeah, the lady was pissed when she saw it was me, but whatever! I figured that murder out! Um, YOU'RE WELCOME!) Anyway, its gonna be a great party and the Top 20 Singles from the February issue will be there including myself who I am now referring to as the 21st choice. LOL. Even though I write the singles column for the magazine, I am sure this is another area where I am deemed ineligible for some reason. But please, I encourage you to come and enjoy the party. Bmag always puts great events together and their marketing team works really hard so I am sure this will be another great affair!

Then comes Friday! The Lady in Red party at Angels Rock Bar! Who is hosting that again? Oh yeah...ME! The Baltimore Bachelorette! :) This is the party you read about in my February column. All ladies dressed in red get in for FREE! And from what I hear Angels is really getting things ready for the event. Its going to be RED HOT! I cant wait! I love this bar. Its fun, and a great eclectic group of people there. Not like a lot of those clubs you can go to where its full of wannabes and douchebags. Angels is legit. Of course guys are encouraged to come as well! If you want to get on the guest list, contact Will Supersoaker Szymanski on Facebook. He is listed on my page as my brother. LOL. He will get you hooked up. Also let him know if you want to do a table. I am! VIP baby! Why not? Its Valentine's Day weekend! Dont I deserve to pamper myself? :) But I say again, get your booty down there and party with us. And even if you arent single, please come! Unlike couples, singles dont discriminate! :) 

Then on to Tatu on Saturday. This one is my baby. I am an avid watcher of How I Met Your Mother and I LOVE Barney Stinson. So i came up with this idea for a Suit Up party based on his "Legendary" catchphrase. Everyone is asked to wear suits: guys AND girls! I wanted to do something different with this event so I decided to pair it with a charity and when I think charity i immediately think of the Good Fellas of Baltimore. For those who dont know, the Good Fellas are a group of businessmen who actually have a reality tv show debuting THIS SATURDAY on Fox 45 at 1pm, and its all about the charity work they do all over the city to make a difference. Well two of the Good Fellas are good friends of mine and happen to be single! So I invited them to come host this event with me. Brian Jarosinski and Vince Sharps. Both great guys, and both great looking! So, then came my next idea...since we are trying to raise money for charity, rather than just do the $10 donation at the door, lets do a live date auction! So each of us will be auctioning off a date with us to raise more money for Living Classrooms! Its gonna be a blast! Oh, and if you havent been to Tatu yet, thats reason enough to come to the party. Seriously, I LOVE this place! Its got to be the sexiest place in Baltimore. Yummy sushi, gorgeous decor, and an awesome staff including the bartender Mike (who also works at Rock Bar) who made my signature cocktail for the party "The Legen...dary Martini"! The name says it all!


I really hope you will make it out to one, if not all of these events! They are going to be so much fun and honestly, whatever else you had planned you can do next weekend.

I want to take a quick sec to thank a few people (its my Oscar speech!) who made this all possible. First, thanks to Chris Furst and all the awesome people who work for Power Plant Live. You guys have been so great and supportive, and are helping make these events a success before they even happen. Thanks Dayna and Ari, Phi and Brent from Angels Rock Bar. Thank you Will, for all your help that started months ago in getting the Lady in Red party going! Thank you Baltimore magazine for helping me get the Baltimore Bachelorette in print! Thank you Brian Jarosinski and Vince Sharps for being a part of the Suit Up event, and suggesting Living Classrooms as the charity. And a special thanks to my brother Joshua for all the work he did on the fliers and postcards for the events, and my video. I literally couldn't have done that without you. Thank you in advance to Kristie Blake for photographing this whole weekend! Thanks to Hamiltons Happy Hour and HeidnSeek for promoting! And thank you to all of you that come out and support the events and celebrate being single with me! Or just celebrate. :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment